Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

Tru Calling


Tru Calling is a show that follows a 20 year old college student named Tru Davis who is an aspiring pre-medical student in New York. While interning at a local morgue, Tru hears voices coming from the room where they examine bodies. Thinking that it's one of her co-workers playing a joke on her, Tru investigates and uncovers the dead body of girl who she earlier examined. As she turns around to go back to her office the young girl grabs her hand and whispers "save me."At that point time freezes and time rewinds.

This type of routine happens over and over again over the course of the series, however, with each case she understands her "gift/curse" better. I would rate this series as my second favorite series of all time because it appeals to the part of me who wants to be a doctor, like Tru Davis.

Unfortunately, the series was cancelled after two seasons and the story was never finished. The one and half seasons that there is to review are amazing and thought provoking. Many times throughout the course of the show I put myself in Tru's place. I found myself sympathizing with Tru and agreeing with many of the decisions she made.

At one point of the series you start to question whether or not she should continue or whether she should continue her path of being a doctor. You also question if what she's doing could have an effect on the future and "God's" plan.

I really enjoyed this series. However, I recommend a tissue or two when watching the show because it does get very emotional and painful to watch. I'm just sad they didn't continue the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment